"Jokers, Part One": Inside a juvenile prison Jonny Bender finds himself in a fight with some gang members over a poker game before it is broken up and Jonny is sent back to his cell to prepare for his release and to take down his mural of [[Joker (Prime Earth)|
- The world is insane. You gotta have a wicked sense of humour if you want to survive it.
- -- Smiley
Appearing in "Jokers, Part One"
- Alfred Pennyworth (Behind the scenes)
- Duke's Parents
- John's Parents (Only appearance; dies)
- Hector Ortiz (In a photograph only)
- Maria Santiago
- The Joker (Mentioned only) (In a photograph only)
- Gotham City
- Juvenile Detention Centre
- Gotham Park
- Psychiatric Ward
Synopsis for "Jokers, Part One"
Inside a juvenile prison Jonny Bender finds himself in a fight with some gang members over a poker game before it is broken up and Jonny is sent back to his cell to prepare for his release and to take down his mural of the Joker.
Throughout the city the other former Robins were coping with their lives now that their team had disbanded; Riko toyed with the idea of texting Duke to confess her feelings for him, Andre adopted a different costume and rescued a couple from a mugging in a park, Izzy and her mother deal with the death of her brother and Dax attempts to build a grappling gun. Each of the Robins are watched over by a mysterious figure who does not make himself noticeable to the teens.
As his father drives him home, Jonny thinks on the insanity of the world and following an argument with his parents he grabs his gun and shoots them both in the back of the head as they eat.
At the same time Duke wanders into a psychiatric ward and finds his parents unresponsive and afflicted by Joker toxin, unable to think straight or even speak.
- This book was first published on January 27, 2016.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss We Are Robin Vol 1 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the We Are Robin series
- Images from We Are Robin Vol 1 8