"Toxl the World Killer!": A primitive man, Toxl, leads his tribe against an industrial power plant, and succeeds in overpowering a guard and taking his magnetic key to gain access to the power core for his raiding party. He attempts to destroy the power core as he sees the plant as ruining the l
Weird Mystery Tales #2 is an issue of the series Weird Mystery Tales (Volume 1) with a cover date of October, 1972.
Synopsis for "Toxl the World Killer!"
A primitive man, Toxl, leads his tribe against an industrial power plant, and succeeds in overpowering a guard and taking his magnetic key to gain access to the power core for his raiding party. He attempts to destroy the power core as he sees the plant as ruining the land for hunting and succeeding in unleashing a colossal destruction upon Earth wiping out civilization amidst floods and ruin. Some people survive and begin to build again.
Appearing in "Toxl the World Killer!"
- The Araks
- An advanced civilization
- The Key
Synopsis for "Titanic"
Appearing in "Titanic"
- Destiny (Host)
- George Baldwin (Dies)
- his wife (Dies)
- Gary Baldwin, their son
- Captain Smith
- Benjamim Guggenheim
- Isidor Straus
- Ida Straus
- John Jacob Astor IV
- Rothschild, Mr. Martin
- Countess of Rothes
- Toxl the World Killer!
- The narrator of the story postulates that it occurs in Earth's past. The story never explains why the plant's owners and guards have access to advanced technology in the pre-recorded history of Earth.
- The story ends with the narrator demonstrating an ancient ruin that acts as a magnetic key and challenges the reader to come up with a better explanation for why "today on Earth there are some places where men are hunters, while others go to the moon."
- Also appearing in this issue of Weird Mystery Tales is a text article by Jack Kirby named "They're up still there", about UFOs.
- Toxl the World Killer would have been published in the second unpublished issue of Spirit World.
- In the penultimate page of the second story, the character Gary states that the "Titanic disaster happened 43 years ago". But he is 43 years old in that moment (1950) and he was a Titanic survivor when he was only 5. Then the disaster happened 38 years before that point of the story.