"Creature Commandos: "Doorway to Hell"": Lt. Shrieve leads the Creature Commandos on a mission against Irwin Rommel's Afrika Corps in the sands of Africa. When the mission is complete, the Commandos board an American Destroyer bound for Sicily. Nazi war pla
- C'mon, freaks! You're scaring those vultures away from their chow! Look in a mirror! Your face would awaken the dead! And give 'em nightmares when they got back to sleep!
Appearing in Creature Commandos: "Doorway to Hell"
- Inferna (Single appearance)
- Pluto (Flashback only)
Synopsis for Creature Commandos: "Doorway to Hell"
Lt. Shrieve leads the Creature Commandos on a mission against Irwin Rommel's Afrika Corps in the sands of Africa. When the mission is complete, the Commandos board an American Destroyer bound for Sicily. Nazi war planes attack the craft, and Vincent turns into a bat to distract the opponents. After dealing with the planes, they reach Sicily where Myrra has a confrontation with a German Panzer division. Taylor saves Myrra's life, nearly at the cost of his own. The Commandos regroup and retreat into a cave where they encounter Inferna, the daughter of the Roman God Pluto. After a brief scuffle, Myrra convinces Inferna to leave them alone, and the Goddess of Flame retreats back into the Netherworld.
Appearing in G.I. Robot: "The Lonely Robot!"
- Japanese soldiers
Synopsis for G.I. Robot: "The Lonely Robot!"
On the island of Tattu, Sgt. Coker wonders if the G.I. Robot ever gets lonely. His thought is disrupted when a Japanese Zero comes down out of the sun. J.A.K.E. brandishes his arm-rifle and shoots the plane out of the sky. When they return to camp, Coker finds a package which contains a robotic canine named C.A.P. The robot proves to be a loyal and valued aid, as he bravely swims into the sea to expose an ambush from a Japanese sub. A great white shark attacks C.A.P. nearly destroying him, but J.A.K.E. shoots the shark and takes the canine back to the military scientists for repairs. Coker is glad that J.A.K.E. won't ever have to worry about growing lonely.
- This book was first published on July 22, 1982.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Weird War Tales Vol 1 116 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Weird War Tales series
- Images from Weird War Tales Vol 1 116
Links and References
- Weird War Tales article at Wikipedia
- Weird War Tales series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Weird War Tales series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Creature Commandos article at Wikipedia