West Virginia is a state in the Appalachian, Upland South, and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States, bordered by Virginia on the southeast, Kentucky on the southwest, Ohio on the northwest, and Pennsylvania and Maryland on the northeast. The capital and largest city is Charleston.
Points of Interest
- Arcadia was a special fertility clinic that developed a controversial drug known as Genesin. Genesin test subjects were able to bear children, but they were all born with severe birth defects. Hospital administrator Bernard Treves spent millions of dollars in providing health care for the children, as well as keeping knowledge of their experiments out of the newspapers.
- Hope Springs
- Hope Springs (also known as Desolation) was an impoverished mining community in West Virginia. It was also the home of the widow Rose Hardin and her son Toby. Hope Springs became one of many locales uprooted and transplanted to the restructured Oa during a time when it was known as the Mosaic World.
- Appearances of West Virginia
- Location Gallery: West Virginia
- Catalogued images related to West Virginia