"WildC.A.T.s": August 7th, 1992: Void is resting in her room reminiscing of the events that took place aboard the Russian MIR space station Pustota on July 28th, 1980. An unknown space-faring object had struck the space station destroying it sending debris and shrapnel back down to Earth
- After all these months of training and preparation, we're finally going into battle. With the team we've assembled, we should be ready for anything they throw at us.
- — Spartan
Appearing in "WildC.A.T.s"
- Alberto Cassini
- Andy Stansfield (Behind the scenes)
- Gagarin (Flashback only)
- Janice (Single appearance)
- Leonov (Flashback only)
- Louie (Single appearance)
- S.H.O.C. Troops (Cameo)
- Velocity (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for "WildC.A.T.s"
August 7th, 1992: Void is resting in her room reminiscing of the events that took place aboard the Russian MIR space station Pustota on July 28th, 1980. An unknown space-faring object had struck the space station destroying it sending debris and shrapnel back down to Earth. Major Adrianna Tereskova merged with an alien Orb of power transforming into the teleporter known as Void. Awakening from her reverie, she alerts Jacob Marlowe and Spartan that a critical nexus is about to form in the immediate timeline.
That evening, Jacob Marlowe meets with a contact for the information broker known as the Gnome who gives him a data disk detailing the location for an official meeting to take place the following evening. That night however, Jacob gets extremely drunk and passes out in an alleyway. He is awakened by the sounds of Ballistic and her C.O.P.s who are giving chase to a young mutant named Velocity (This encounter is more detailed in Cyberforce v.1 #1).
August 8th: As Marlowe's assistant Jules scurries about trying find her boss and get him cleaned up, Spartan runs Maul and Warblade through combat training exorcises. Maul has the ability to increase his size and mass, but the larger he gets, the more prone he is to lose control of his mind. Maul goes on a rampage and begins smashing Warblade into the floor.
That evening, Alberto Cassini, an agent of the Daemonite Cabal betrays his masters by selling information to the Gnome. He gives the Gnome the location of the last of the Gifted Ones – someone who has the power to exorcise Daemonites from their host bodies. After closing the deal however, the Gnome is surprised to learn that the Kherubim Zealot and the mercenary Grifter have broken into his safe-house. The Gnome has his bodyguards the Triad (Attica, Harm and Slag) run interference with them. Zealot and Grifter learn the location of the Gifted One. Zealot tells Grifter to go and find her, while she remains behind to deal with the Triad.
- Originally published by Image Comics.
- This issue originally came enclosed with the WildC.A.T.s mini-series trade paperback.
- The events in this issue take place immediately before those in WildC.A.T.s (Volume 1) #1.
- This issue was published between issues #4 and #5 of WildC.A.T.s (Volume 1), but chronologically takes place before issue #1.
- In one scene, a group of armored men are on the trail of someone named Velocity. This is a reference to Carin Taylor, a young super-speedster. These events take place concurrently with events from CyberForce v.1 #1.
- WildC.A.T.s Recommended Reading
- Grifter Recommended Reading
- Mr. Majestic Recommended Reading
- Spartan Recommended Reading
- Voodoo Recommended Reading
- Zealot Recommended Reading