"Gateway, Part 1": On a New York beach, Zealot lectures a dubious Voodoo on the need for proper combat training. In a flash of light, a ship appears in the air and crashes onto the shore. A man named Alabaster Wu, shot in the back, falls from its bow. His assailant, a bestial humanoid Raksha,
WildC.A.T.s #10 is an issue of the series WildC.A.T.s (Volume 1) with a cover date of April, 1994.
Synopsis for "Gateway, Part 1"
On a New York beach, Zealot lectures a dubious Voodoo on the need for proper combat training. In a flash of light, a ship appears in the air and crashes onto the shore. A man named Alabaster Wu, shot in the back, falls from its bow. His assailant, a bestial humanoid Raksha, shoots at Zealot, but she decapitates it. Wu flees as Zealot investigates the ship and the dead Raksha possesses Voodoo. In the ship, Zealot finds a young girl, Miranda Tai, but is attacked by more Rakshas. Tai’s bodyguard, Huntsman, comes to her aid, and they defeat the creatures. Huntsman deduces Voodoo has been possessed, and the three leave to track her. Wu tries to call Jacob Marlowe while the Raksha, which must feed on life force to survive, kills three bystanders. It catches up with Wu on the subway, but he fights it off. Pretending to be Voodoo, it contacts the WildC.A.T.s and convinces them Wu is out to kill Jacob. Wu and Marlowe are meeting at a construction site when the team arrives. A moment later, Providence teleports in with the Troika.
Appearing in "Gateway, Part 1"
- Thomas Costello (First appearance)
- Alysande Morales (First appearance)
- Connie (Only appearance; dies)
- Gino (Only appearance; dies)
- Marty (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Soldier's Story"
In Korea in October 1950, a U.S. soldier defies his lieutenant’s orders and charges the enemy lines. He kills a Chinese soldier but is wounded in the process. He then climbs a mountain pass and plans to use grenades to cause an avalanche to block the pass and prevent more Chinese forces from entering the area. Before passing out from his injuries, he sees Zealot. Later, in a stockade for defying orders, he relates these events to a fellow prisoner, explaining that his plan worked and he somehow got back to his unit. The prisoner reveals herself to be Zealot, there to free him.
Appearing in "Soldier's Story"
- Soldier (First appearance) (Flashback and main story)
- Zealot (Flashback and main story)
- Originally published by Image Comics.
- This issue is reprinted in:
- WildC.A.T.s: A Gathering of Eagles trade paperback (1997);
- Absolute WildC.A.T.s by Jim Lee hardcover (2018).
- WildC.A.T.s Recommended Reading
- Grifter Recommended Reading
- Mr. Majestic Recommended Reading
- Spartan Recommended Reading
- Voodoo Recommended Reading
- Zealot Recommended Reading