"Resolution": Voodoo and Youngblood attack Helspont, but, with his powers increased by the Orb, he easily repels them. Void is still too weak to intervene so Emp remotely reactivates a badly damaged Spartan. Spartan disrupts a power relay, causing feedback that closes the stargate to Daemon.
WildC.A.T.s #4 is an issue of the series WildC.A.T.s (Volume 1) with a cover date of March, 1993.
Synopsis for "Resolution"
Voodoo and Youngblood attack Helspont, but, with his powers increased by the Orb, he easily repels them. Void is still too weak to intervene so Emp remotely reactivates a badly damaged Spartan. Spartan disrupts a power relay, causing feedback that closes the stargate to Daemon. Enraged, Helspont fends off an attack from Warblade and flees. The WildC.A.T.s pursue him while Youngblood stays behind to deal with the rest of the Cabal. Helspont enters the reactor chamber to find the Orb in the possession of Gnome. The WildC.A.T.s arrive and battle Gnome’s henchmen, the Triad. Gnome blasts Helspont using the power of the Orb and tries to flee. He fends off Void, but Emp shoots him, severing his arm holding the Orb. It falls down a shaft and Gnome jumps after it. The reactor has become unstable and the complex is counting down to destruction. Pike, Hestia, and the Triad escape, but Void is too weak to teleport the WildCA.T.s to safety. Emp then asks Void to use his power instead. Youngblood and Vice-President Quayle make it outside just as the complex explodes. The next morning, Shaft and Badrock find Spartan’s remains in the rubble while the WildC.A.T.s toast their success aboard their jet. Voodoo mourns Spartan, but Emp assures her there is no need and shows her an intact and unconscious Spartan, regenerating in a new body. Elsewhere, an amused John Lynch reads a newspaper article about Quayle’s possession.
Appearing in "Resolution"
- Dan Quayle
- Originally published by Image Comics.
- This issue is reprinted in the WildC.A.T.s: Compendium trade paperback.
- Youngblood is a team of government-sanctioned heroes similar in purpose to Marvel Comics' Avengers. They are the creation of Image Comics co-founder Rob Liefeld and were featured in three ongoing titles published under Liefeld's Extreme Studios imprint.
- WildC.A.T.s Recommended Reading
- Grifter Recommended Reading
- Mr. Majestic Recommended Reading
- Spartan Recommended Reading
- Voodoo Recommended Reading
- Zealot Recommended Reading