"Old Feelings": While pursuing Slag in a subway tunnel, Spartan and Voodoo pause to discuss their relationship and the changes each of them has been through. Priscilla reveals she left the team to find herself, to learn how to defend herself, and because of how Spartan behaved when his John Col
WildC.A.T.s #50 is an issue of the series WildC.A.T.s (Volume 1) with a cover date of June, 1998.
Synopsis for "Old Feelings"
While pursuing Slag in a subway tunnel, Spartan and Voodoo pause to discuss their relationship and the changes each of them has been through. Priscilla reveals she left the team to find herself, to learn how to defend herself, and because of how Spartan behaved when his John Colt personality was dominant. Hadrian assures her he has integrated his consciousness and is now his own man. Just then, Slag attacks. Spartan moves to protect Voodoo but is struck head on by an oncoming train. Spartan recovers as Voodoo uses the magical abilities she acquired in New Orleans to defeat Slag, demonstrating that she no longer needs Hadrian to protect her. Afterward, having reached a new understanding, Priscilla and Hadrian walk away holding hands.
Appearing in "Old Feelings"
Synopsis for "The Last Goodbye"
Max is rushed to the hospital, but his wounds are too extensive for the doctors to save him. In Virginia, IO learns of his condition, and Ben Santini orders Max be deleted from their records. The hospital notifies Halo, and the WildC.A.T.s rush to the hospital just in time for Cole to be with Max as he dies. Later, Grifter storms a meeting of arms smugglers to find out who purchased the gun that killed Max. Soon, the rest of the team arrives to help, and Olympia uses her Daemonite abilities to learn the address of Max’s killer. Grifter goes there and finds the assassin waiting for him. She reveals that, after being stranded millennia in the past, Gina de Medici joined the Coda, became a matriarch, and left a testament ordering revenge on Max. Because he used her Puritan device to return to the present, she knew the exact time and location where he would return. The police arrive, and the assassin confesses to Max’s murder. After she is taken into custody, Olympia sneaks into her jail cell and kills her, avenging Max. The next day, Grifter visits Olympia at her home in the Hamptons. He informs her that Emp thinks she went too far and does not want her on the team. She understands, and the two part ways.
Appearing in "The Last Goodbye"
- unnamed Coda assassin (Dies)
- Coda Sisterhood (Flashback only)
- Gina de Medici (Joins team) (Dies in flashback)
- Jade Dragons
- Heinrich Junker
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Reincarnation"
Savant receives a letter recounting a recent event at Halo. Grifter had invited her, Ladytron, and Mr. Majestic to discuss the three becoming reserve members of the WildC.A.T.s. They began to bicker with each other when the wall of the room started changing shape and attacked Grifter. They fought it off while Majestic invented a device to defeat it. Savant realized their foe was Mr. White, and Majestic took him to a holding cell. The letter closes by explaining its writer had manipulated White into impersonating him, and White became fused with the structure of the Halo building after being blasted by Majestic’s eye beams. Savant realizes the letter is from TAO who is still alive.
Appearing in "Reincarnation"
- Grifter (Flashback only)
- Ladytron (Flashback only)
- Mr. Majestic (Flashback only)
- Savant (Flashback and main story)
- Originally published by Image Comics.
- This issue includes a pin-up of the WildC.A.T.s by Scott Williams as well as three pages of character sketches by Travis Charest from the upcoming Wildcats series.
- "Old Feelings" is reprinted in:
- James Robinson's Complete WildC.A.T.s trade paperback (2009);
- Absolute WildC.A.T.s by Jim Lee hardcover (2018).
- "Reincarnation" is reprinted in:
- Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s trade paperback (2007);
- Alan Moore: Wild Worlds trade paperback (2007).
- In "The Last Goodbye", Jules Newberry uses the name "Julie Kincaid". It is unknown whether this is an error by the writers or a deliberate plot point.
- WildC.A.T.s Recommended Reading
- Grifter Recommended Reading
- Mr. Majestic Recommended Reading
- Spartan Recommended Reading
- Voodoo Recommended Reading
- Zealot Recommended Reading