"Killer Instinct, Chapter One": Aboard the MIRV, the WildC.A.T.s are debating whether to go back for Warblade when they are intercepted by Gamorran aircraft. The team jumps into freefall just as the Gamorrans launch missiles which destroy the MIRV. Spartan rescues Voodoo while Maul protects Void
WildC.A.T.s #6 is an issue of the series WildC.A.T.s (Volume 1) with a cover date of December, 1993.
Synopsis for "Killer Instinct, Chapter One"
Aboard the MIRV, the WildC.A.T.s are debating whether to go back for Warblade when they are intercepted by Gamorran aircraft. The team jumps into freefall just as the Gamorrans launch missiles which destroy the MIRV. Spartan rescues Voodoo while Maul protects Void, grows to gargantuan size, and destroys one of the aircraft. Grifter and Zealot commandeer another craft and crash land it, narrowly escaping before Maul crushes it with his increased bulk. The whole team has landed safely, but Maul has grown so large his mind has shut down. Despite being injured, Voodoo uses her powers to revert Maul to normal size. Void teleports her back to Halo while the others salvage supplies from the wreckage of the MIRV. The team returns to the destroyed research facility and finds Misery. They attack her, but she teleports away with an unconscious Warblade. Spartan uses his scanning abilities to reconstruct what happened after the facility exploded and determines that Misery was trying to access what Grifter recognizes as a stasis pod. Marlowe contacts the team to let them know Void and Voodoo are safe, and Spartan informs him of their encounter with Misery. Marlowe relates how he and Jules originally found Warblade on Gamorra after confiscating Spartan’s design technology from Heinrich Richtoffen. Meanwhile, Misery has taken Warblade prisoner on the Gamorran Isle of the Dead. He breaks free of his shackles only to be met by Ripclaw.
Appearing in "Killer Instinct, Chapter One"
- Jules Newberry (Flashback and main story)
- Andy Stansfield
- Misery (Flashback and main story)
- Heinrich Richtoffen (Flashback only) (Deceased)
- Ripclaw (Cameo)
- MIRV (Destroyed)
- Originally published by Image Comics.
- This issue is part one of the four-part "Killer Instinct" crossover with Cyberforce. The story continues in Cyberforce vol. 2 #2.
- This issue is reprinted in:
- WildC.A.T.s/Cyberforce: Killer Instinct trade paperback (2004);
- Absolute WildC.A.T.s by Jim Lee hardcover (2018).
- WildC.A.T.s Recommended Reading
- Grifter Recommended Reading
- Mr. Majestic Recommended Reading
- Spartan Recommended Reading
- Voodoo Recommended Reading
- Zealot Recommended Reading