Will Eisner (b. March 6, 1917 – d.January 3, 2005) was a writer.
Eisner was born and raised in New York. Eisner attended DeWitt Clinton High School, where he became friends with artist Bob Kane; and upon graduating, he studied under Canadian artist George Brandt Bridgman for a year at the Art Students League of New York. He married Ann Weingarten Eisner and thogether they had a son named John amd a daughter named Alice that died in 1970 of leukemia.
Eisner died January 3, 2005, in Lauderdale Lakes, Florida, of complications from a quadruple bypass surgery performed December 22, 2004.
Will Eisner was an American cartoonist, comic book creator and entrepreneur. He began his careen in 1938 working for Fiction House on the magazine Jumbo Comics. He was later hired by Fox Feature Syndicate, Archie Comics, Quality Comics, and many more minor publishers. His first published work for DC Comics was in 1974 on the Secret Origins title.
Eisner is probably best known for his long run in the comic The Spirit and as a pioneer in graphic novels.
- Will Eisner/Executive Editor
- Will Eisner/Editor
- Will Eisner/Writer
- Will Eisner/Penciler
- Will Eisner/Inker
- Will Eisner/Cover Artist
- Will Eisner/Letterer
- Will Eisner/Creations
- Will Eisner's Images as a Penciler
- Will Eisner's Images as an Inker
- Will Eisner's Images as a Cover Artist
- The Eisner Award was named in his honor, and is given to recognize achievements each year in the comics medium; he was one of the three inaugural inductees to the Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Fame.==External Links==
- Will Eisner.com
- Will Eisner at Wikipedia.org