William "Billy" Batson was a downstairs neighbor of Detective John Jones, who frequently found himself in danger.
Along with several schoolmates, Billy was taken hostage on their school bus. Feeling that someone had to do something, Billy fearlessly confronted their hostage taker. However, the man did not take Billy seriously and was apprehended by Superman.
Billy would once more be rescued by Superman, after a criminal named Psi-Mon threw a semi tractor-trailer at Billy and other bystanders. However, the day was not over yet. Later that same day, Billy heard a noise from the apartment of Detective Jones. Billy rushed to investigate and found himself confronted by a White Martian but was saved by Detective Jones and Batman. The incident made Billy realize that Detective Jones was not a regular detective. A suspicion that was confirmed, when he saw Detective Jones fly away.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Captain Marvel. The original character was created by C.C. Beck and Bill Parker and first appeared in Whiz Comics #2.
- 4 Appearances of William (Smallville)
- 2 Images featuring William (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about William (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: William (Smallville)