William "Wild Bill" Dunn was an American engineer working with the British army in a secluded section of Ethiopia. While working, his team was attacked by an army of super beings named the M'bujies, who wounded Dunn and killed his teammates. Dunn was rescued by "Boomerang" Jones, an Australian soldier who had been given up for dead and was now fighting his own private war against the Nazis. After Dunn regained his strength, the two men created a super-vehicle out of captured Nazi equipment, and they named it the Blue Tracer. It could crawl like a tank, fly like an airplane, dive like a submarine, or sail on the surface. It could also drill thru solid rock. They then used this vessel to destroy the M'bujies and escape the jungle.
Aboard the Blue Tracer, Dunn and Jones traveled the world, independent of any nation's military, and fought the Axis forces in unpredictable parts of the world. They struck at Japanese occupation troops on China's Burma Road, then at German invaders in the Balkans, then in the Atlantic Ocean, all before 1941 was even over.
- Capt. Dunn has a "water-piercing telescope," with which he is able to locate enemy submarines.
- The Blue Tracer
- 17 Appearances of William Dunn (Quality Universe)
- 1 Images featuring William Dunn (Quality Universe)
- 3 Quotations by or about William Dunn (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: William Dunn (Quality Universe)