Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Seattle is our town. And the only way we're gonna keep it that way is if we put all our differences aside and work together. Ya feel me?
- — Billy Tockman src
He controls the city's waterfront and operates out of the Midnight Lounge. In his spare time, he tinkers with clocks as a hobby. He is known to have previously worked with John Diggle. He uses weaponized clocks and watches to attack his victims.
Tockman once intended to be an engineer and worked for Queen Industries, but claims Robert Queen ruined his career by firing him and taking advantage of his research. He redirected his grudge against Robert to his son, Oliver, upon Robert's death. He was also seen in Gotham city attempting to take on Batman, having gained an intricate knowledge of his fighting style from watching the news, only to be thwarted by Catwoman crashing through a window which he did not expect.
Powers and Abilities
- Prior to The New 52, William Tockman was a costumed super-villain named Clock King. This version of the character was created by Ed Herron and Lee Elias. He died as a member of the Suicide Squad. Tockman is implied to be alive in The New 52 during Knight Terrors, where someone wearing his costume fights the Birds of Prey. Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino introduced a new version of the character in The Kill Machine, where he is African-American and doesn't wear a costume. The version of the character that appeared in Knight Terrors was later reintroduced during DC Rebirth, as the African American Clock King continued to make appearances as well.
- 21 Appearances of William Tockman (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring William Tockman (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about William Tockman (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: William Tockman (Prime Earth)
|Green Arrow Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Green Arrow, or his supporting cast including Black Canary and Team Arrow. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Arrow Villains."