William Vickers was Major Victory, the leader of the Force of July.
William Vickers was one of five willing Americans chosen by the American Security Agency to become superhuman operatives. Vickers led the Force of July against the Outsiders and personally fought Looker and Katana.
Later on, the Force of July were drawn into the events of the Janus Directive in which Vickers became the sole survivor of his team after a violent confrontation with the Suicide Squad. Though Vickers wanted revenge on the Suicide Squad, he served unwillingly with the Squad when he learned that he was just a pawn in Kobra's machinations, and came to grudgingly respect Amanda Waller.
When the American government asked Vickers to maintain his post with the Squad and report on Waller's activities, he refused out of principle and reminding his government that he was a civilian and the man who provided his uniform, B. Eric Blairman, was dead. Soon afterwards, Vickers went underground for a time, keeping his activities covert after the Suicide Squad was disgraced.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 33 Appearances of William Vickers (New Earth)
- 12 Images featuring William Vickers (New Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about William Vickers (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: William Vickers (New Earth)
Suicide Squad member