She hails from the other dimensial planet Bgtzl. She moved to Earth were she lived and met Murl Wazzo who came from the planet Cargg. The two later married and she became pregnant by him and they had a daughter Tinya Wazzo who was half-Carggite and half-Bgztlian. This provided both of her parents native abbilities.
Her husband was a terrible gambler and had considerable gambling debts that he incurred the wrath of the Luck Lords. To appease his creditors, he gave up two of his daughter's Carggite duplicate bodies to them.
The Luck Lords renamed one of the bodies Enya Wazzo and pressed her into servitude but ultimately sent her to the 20th Century to spare her from an enemy's wrath. This duplicate knew nothing of her origins and eventually joined the L.E.G.I.O.N. as Phase.
The second body was raised by Winema on their native homeworld of Bgtzl. This Tinya joined the Legion of Super-Heroes. The third duplicate whereabouts remain a mystery but it was implied she was also given to the Luck Lords and she had died.
- Phasing: Winema Wazzo possesses the ability to pass through solid matter by passing her atoms through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which she was moving. This is a power common to all natives of Bgtzl. In this way she and the object through which she was passing could temporarily merge without interacting, and each was unharmed when Winema had finished passing through the object. When Winema was phasing, she was, for all intents ad purposes, intangible.Hence, when attacked, she could shift into a phasing state even if she was not at the time passing through an object so as to allow oncoming projectiles or energy blasts to pass through her harmlessly. It also enables her to access the Phantom Zone.
Winema's parents were diplomats.
- 34 Appearances of Winema Wazzo (Post-Zero Hour)
- 2 Images featuring Winema Wazzo (Post-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Winema Wazzo (Post-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Winema Wazzo (Post-Zero Hour)
- Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 4 102