Wing How fought criminals alongside his employer, the Crimson Avenger
In the early 1940s, Wing (full name Wing How) began as a uniformed chauffeur of the Crimson Avenger's alter ego Lee Travis. A Chinese immigrant who moved to America to escape Japanese persecution, in the days leading up to World War II, Wing helped to instill a social conscience in his employer. When the death of a fellow reporter motivated Travis to become the Crimson Avenger, Wing assisted him in his fight against crime. Curiously, despite Wing's initial lack of a costume, no one ever makes a connection between Travis' chauffeur and the Crimson Avenger.
When the Crimson Avenger abandoned his cloak and fedora for a more traditional superhero costume, Wing donned a matching yellow costume and became his official sidekick. He served as a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory (as the honorary "eighth Soldier") and the All-Star Squadron. However, the Crimson Avenger frequently attempted to dissuade Wing from this path, believing that the bright young man had a better future ahead of him than running about in a costume fighting madmen.
When the Justice League and the Justice Society joined forces against Iron Hand, and retrieved the Seven Soldiers of Victory from their scattered locations in time and space, (to which they had been scattered by the cosmic entity known as the Nebula Man) it was revealed that Wing had sacrificed his own life to defeat the villain's super weapon.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- He bears a resemblance to Kato, the sidekick of Green Hornet.
- 118 Appearances of Wing How (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Wing How (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Wing How (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Wing How (New Earth)
|Seven Soldiers of Victory member|
This character is or was a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory, or the Seven Soldiers in any of its various incarnations, created during World War II and later, it returned to battle time-traveling, dimension-spanning mysteries and monsters.
|All-Star Squadron member|
This character is or was a member of the All-Star Squadron in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "All-Star Squadron members" category.