"The Daughter's Mother": Diana somehow has been sent through time and is in 1943 Washington D.C. She takes on the alias of Miss America because Hippolyta is acting as this time period's Wonder Woman. We are then taken to forest of Virginia where a man is trying to keep some dinosaurs clams that
Appearing in "The Daughter's Mother"
Synopsis for "The Daughter's Mother"
Diana somehow has been sent through time and is in 1943 Washington D.C. She takes on the alias of Miss America because Hippolyta is acting as this time period's Wonder Woman. We are then taken to forest of Virginia where a man is trying to keep some dinosaurs clams that have also been brought along on Diana's time traveling adventure.
After visiting the city, they return to Wonder Woman's apartment where she shares a room with Diana Prince, while in a warehouse in Georgetown, Armageddon is holding two relic weapons of ancient gods. Back in the Virginian forest, Villainy, Inc. tries to attack the man traveling with Diana but ultimately are unsuccessful because somehow they have been shrunk and their powers are weakened and are put in a cage but after containing three of four girls a German soldier attacks the man.
Hippolyta & Diana travel to the War Department to find out more about Armageddon but come up empty handed, so Hippolyta calls Wildcat and garners some information about where he might be hiding out. Diana & Hippolyta find the warehouse and bust in to retrieve the relics and apprehend Armageddon during the scuffle. Diana attempts to deflect bullets but forgets that she doesn't have her armlets on due to her passing as Miss America.
Hippolyta deals with Armageddon as Diana follows a soldier who took the golden battle axe relic, Hippolyta defeats Armageddon while Diana subdues the soldier and takes the battle axe as she disappears. The fight between the German soldier and the guy traveling with Diana intensifies as it looks like the soldier has the upper hand Cyborgirl hits the soldier with an electric jolt at that very moment Diana appears and uses the battle axe to create a portal at that very moment Tempest & Phillipus create an portal for them to return to Themyscira.
Diana tells Philippus that she saw her mother while disguised as Miss America, while back in time Hippolyta is laying in Ted Grant's bed and tells him how she knew that the lady who helped her was not the real Miss America and in thought acknowledges that it was her daughter.
- This particular story is curious, given that after Crisis on the Infinite Earths, the real Miss America took some of the roles of Earth-Two Wonder Woman, as her JSA membership and taking care of Fury. With Hippolyta traveling back in time to the 1940s, validity of these feats of Miss America is unknown.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Wonder Woman Vol 2 185 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Wonder Woman series
- Images from Wonder Woman Vol 2 185
- Wonder Woman Recommended Reading
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Comic Cavalcade (Volume 1)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 3)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 4)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 5)