"The Enemy of Both Sides, Part Two": Gateway to the Thirteen Heavens, home of the Sky Lords
Synopsis for "The Enemy of Both Sides, Part Two"
Gateway to the Thirteen Heavens, home of the Sky Lords
Atalanta explains that while traveling, she discovered this place, a temple for the god Tezcatlipoca, where men and women devoted to him tried to agevolate the entry of his armies into Earth. For years and years she fought them, restraining them from getting through, but this last time she failed, and some of the scouts of the evil Sky Lord got out. This seemingly activated the helmet of Aztek, sending a vision to Nayeli that led her to contact Diana and Artemis. The three decide to take the fight to Tezcatlipoca, and enter the Thirteen Heavens themselves.
The Thirteen Heavens, home of the Sky Lords, Sphere of the Gods
Once inside the Thirteen Heavens, Diana and her comrades find out that Tezcatlipoca chained up all the other Sky Lords, reigning supreme after defeating Uno and thus his eternal shadow, his mirror image, the god Quetzalcoatl. The three then have to face the evil god himself, or at least the part of him that they can see, being him a creature that exceeds the three dimensions. Still, they manage to find out a way to hit the true god himself: attuning the Bow of Ra with the Lasso of Truth thanks to the powers and the knowledge of the helmet of Aztek, the three warriors can strike the real body of Tezcatlipoca with one mighty blow, and so they do it. Even if it proves and incredible effort, especially for Aztek as she needs to calculate the exact frequency to attune their weapon, they manage to strike Tezcatlipoca, also freeing the other Sky Lords in the process.
As the evil god tells them he will return, being him a creature who lives spread into Hypertime, Diana tells him that in every era he will attack, he will find out that these three warriors are going to oppose him with all their might, and are going to defeat him each and every time. As the danger has passed, Diana, Artemis and Nayeli come back to Earth, with Aztek exhausted from the battle but happy as now her pantheon is finally in peace once again.
Over the Atlantic Ocean, inside Diana's invisible jet
Diana offers then a ride to both Artemis and Atalanta, bringing them to the current Bana-Mighdall camp in Qurac. Even if they are a nomad people, the Amazons of Bana-Mighdall decided to settle there to replenish their community and find once again their culture. Atalanta is afraid of what change she will find, as she has been absent for all this time from her home, but Diana reassures her, telling her she trusts that no matter what, home always feels good when you come back. The three amazons cannot expect that in Qurac a mysterious amazon, hailed as Queen, is waiting for them, labeling Artemis as an Outlaw and Atalanta as a traitor. It seems she has all the intention of welcoming Artemis and Atalanta with fire.
Appearing in "The Enemy of Both Sides, Part Two"
- Aztek (Uno) (New Earth) (In a vision)
- Aztek (Uno) (Prime Earth) (Mentioned only)
- Aztek (Uno) (undetermined reality) (In a vision)
- Wonder Woman (DC One Million) (In a vision)
- Wonder Woman (Just Imagine) (In a vision)
- Sky Lords
- Queen Faruka II (First appearance; unnamed)
- Rustam (Behind the scenes)
- Akila (Mentioned only)
- Gods of Egypt (Mentioned only)
- Gods of Olympus (Mentioned only)
- Zeus (Mentioned only)
- Sphere of the Gods
- Themyscira (Mentioned only)
- The battle against Tezcatlipoca (New Earth) pays homage to Crisis on Infinite Earths #7. At one point, Tezcatlipoca tells: "You turn in battle, woman? That is a fatal mistake!" before smashing Wonder Woman down. Those exact same words were uttered by the Anti-Monitor before blasting Supergirl away.
- Wonder Woman Recommended Reading
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Comic Cavalcade (Volume 1)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 3)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 4)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 5)