"Year One, Part Three": Reaching Steve's base with the invisible jet, Diana is overwhelmed by surprised people and officers. As she cannot understand English, she is scared when some of the officers try to bring her into custod
Appearing in "Year One, Part Three"
- Amazons of Themyscira (Mentioned only)
- Queen Hippolyta (Mentioned only)
- Gods of Olympus
- Nick (Mentioned only)
- Dr. Perez
- Sandy (Nick's and Maya's baby)
- Sear Group (Mentioned only)
- Superman (Mentioned only)
- United States Navy
- Mount Olympus (In a vision)
- United Kingdom
- Emerald College
- United States of America
- Themyscira (Mentioned only)
- Wonder Woman's Invisible Plane (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "Year One, Part Three"
Reaching Steve's base with the invisible jet, Diana is overwhelmed by surprised people and officers. As she cannot understand English, she is scared when some of the officers try to bring her into custody to check her, believing she's under attack, and she automatically defends herself, with scared agents drawing their guns. Steve stops everyone, and tells Diana to calm down and trust him, and to follow his colleague. While Diana is photographed, Steve gets a medical checks that reveals several irreparabile wounds he had healed while he was in Themyscira, as he reported. Initially the officials do not believe to Steve's declarations, but Trevor's own medical results, the invisible jet whose mantle decayed after landing, the advanced weapons Diana brought with her and the Amazon herself all speak in favor of Steve's version.
Still, the main difficulty is language and thus Diana is locked up in jail until the Army finds out better what her intentions are: Steve is enraged by this, but luckily Etta Candy knows an archaeologist, Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva, who is an expert on Amazon lore and was able to put together the different idioms Diana used to speak to form the Amazon's language and communicate with her. Diana tries to explain that in the night, the Gods of Olympus visited her in form of animals, bearing gifts of power. Initially dismissed as a crazy story, Diana's words gain weight when she literally dislodges the cell door with her bare hands.
- No special notes.
- As the convoy of vehicles enters the Naval Air Station they pass through the James Stockdale Gate. James Stockdale was the highest ranking Naval Office taken as a P.O.W. during the Vietnam War. He later became a candidate for the vice-presidency as the running mate of Ross Perot.
- Discuss Wonder Woman Vol 5 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Wonder Woman series
- Images from Wonder Woman Vol 5 6
- Wonder Woman Recommended Reading
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Comic Cavalcade (Volume 1)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 3)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 4)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 5)