"The Queen and The Empress": Dimension Chi, during Diana's childhood
Appearing in "The Queen and The Empress"
- Wonder Woman (Flashback and main story)
- Empress Hippolyta (Flashback only)
- Amazons of the Themysciran Empire (Flashback only)
- Queen Atomia (Flashback only)
- Army of Quarks
- Dimension Chi (Flashback and main story)
- Earth 0
- Themyscira (Flashback only)
- Amazon Planes (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Queen and The Empress"
Dimension Chi, during Diana's childhood
When she was a young girl, Diana interrupted a ceremony out of curiosity and this led to her and Hippolyta being catapulted to a dimension her mother created to be her mirror image, Dimension Chi. There, a ruler called Empress Hippolyta commanded the Amazons inside an empire, conquering worlds. This Hippolyta was the exact opposite to the real one: she renounced her role as mother for power, she became a servant of war instead of peace. And most of all, she was paranoid in her best days and that's why she decided to imprison Diana, seeing her as a threat.
This led the real Hippolyta to accept a challenge, a fight in many disciplines traditional to the Amazons. If she won, Diana would be free and they could return home. If she lost, both of them were going to be executed. As the fight came to a deuce, the two counterparts fought a last battle, which was interrupted by a counter-attack from an opposing force, the one of Atomia, rebelling against her conquerors. To protect Themyscira, even if not the real one, Queen Hippolyta told the Empress to make the defense of the island their last battle, which the Empress accepted. Soon, the Empress was in danger of losing her life and Diana, who freed herself from custody, came there and rescued her, saving her life while convincing Atomia to stop her attack.
After forcing the Empress to sign a peace treaty with Atomia, the two left Dimension Chi, with Diana asking her mother why she even created it in the first place: did she ever thought he didn't want Diana in the first place? But Hippolyta explained her that Dimension Chi is a proving ground, a test she endures time and time again to keep knowing she made the right choice, and the actions of Diana inside that dimension just told her he should never doubt her decision of being a mother, even if all her sister were denied of that gift.
Dimension Chi, the present
After telling this story to Maggie and Atlantiades, Diana realizes that if they are in Dimension Chi, Hippolyta and the rest of the Amazons must be close, as this dimension exists in the mind of her mother, which can only mean she is still alive. They are ready to finally encounter the Amazons of Paradise Island.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Wonder Woman Vol 5 73 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Wonder Woman series
- Images from Wonder Woman Vol 5 73
- Wonder Woman Recommended Reading
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Comic Cavalcade (Volume 1)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 3)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 4)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 5)