Woodley Allen was an agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation during the early 1940s. In 1941, he met the latest mystery man, Ted Knight, a.k.a. Starman. Woodley assisted Starman on several cases, usually alerting the hero whenever a case sprung up that was too bizarre or unsolvable by conventional methods. They regularly met at an abandoned log cabin in a remote area of the mountains, although Starman's relationship with Allen's niece Doris meant the two occasionally ran into one another by accident during Starman's adventures.
Allen carried a pen-like metal capsule which, when its cap was removed, released short-wave radio signals that Starman's Gravity Rod would pick up, signaling that the hero's services were needed.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 26 Appearances of Woodley Allen (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Woodley Allen (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Woodley Allen (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Woodley Allen (New Earth)