Woodson Hex was the father of Jonah Hex.
Woodson Hex lived in the mid-late 19th century. He was the abusive husband to Virginia "Ginnie" Hex and the father of famed bounty hunter Jonah Hex. Late in life, Woodson became the corrupt sheriff of a town called Willow Creek. He worked alongside a gang of enforcers called the Boley Boys.
After his short-lived career as a sheriff, Woodson went back to his prior occupation - mining for gold. After thirty years of digging, he finally struck it big. Unfortunately, a group of no-goodniks plotted for his gold and killed him. His son, Jonah Hex came to him and watched him as he died.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Jonah Hex's middle name is Woodson, named after his father.
- 15 Appearances of Woodson Hex (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Woodson Hex (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Woodson Hex (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Woodson Hex (New Earth)