Worla was the leader of the bird people who lived in the hidden city of Feithera.
When hunters from the outside world came to Feithera to hunt the bird people for sport, Carter Hall, the hero known as Hawkman, was brought to the hidden city by his friends the birds, and protected the city, earning the friendship of the Feitherans. Years later, in gratitude for this, Worla permitted Hawkman's friend Fred Cantrell, an anthropologist, to come and live in the city. Fred married Worla's daughter Osoro and they had a son, Norda, Worla's grandson. Worla became aware of a prophecy to the effect that Hawkman's son Hector Hall would be born 'the child without a soul', and wouldbring great evil into the world, and he used the artifact known as the Sceptre of Thoth to imbue the unborn Norda (still in his egg) with the power to combat the creature Hector would eventually become. When Norda was full grown, he left Feithera to become the superheero Northwind, joining Infinity Inc. along with Hector Hall. Norda eventually realized that the prophecy Worla had tried to tell him of as a youth was coming true, and returned to Feithera for a time to study under Worla in preparation for battling the evil of the Silver Scarab. Worla also decreed that Norda would succeed him as Feithera's spiritual leader.
In recent years, Feithera was destroyed and the Feitherans evolved into an even more bird-like form. Whether Worla was among them, or is even still alive, is unknown.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 6 Appearances of Worla (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Worla (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Worla (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Worla (New Earth)