Appearing in Superman and Batman: "The Cape and Cowl Crooks!"
- Fortress of Solitude
- Gotham City
- The Anti-Car
Synopsis for Superman and Batman: "The Cape and Cowl Crooks!"
When Commissioner Gordon and Perry White research the past cases of Superman, Batman and Robin, they are infected by a gas from an overturned bottle in the Fortress of Solitude. The effects of the gas turns Gordon and Perry into evildoers. They rejuvenate themselves with a special serum, Perry charges his body with super-energy and then they oppose their former friends Superman and Batman as Anti-Superman and Anti-Batman.
The crooks give the heroes a hard time until Batman deduces the truth of what happened and he tells Superman to bring the antidote to the gas as soon as possible. Going to the criminal's secret hideout, Batman and Robin prevent them from using the gas to rejuvenate until Superman arrives with the antidote and cures their friends from their evilness.
Appearing in Green Arrow: "Case of the Error Clown"
- Green Error (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Green Arrow: "Case of the Error Clown"
This story is reprinted from World's Finest #100.
After rounding up some crooks, Green Arrow and Speedy take the Arrowcar down to the local circus which features a clown called the Green Error, a parody of Green Arrow. Watching the show as Oliver Queen and Roy Harper, they are suddenly aware when the circus is robbed of its payroll.
Changing into Green Arrow and Speedy, the two try to chase after the crooks, but find that they have tampered with the Arrowcar. Taking Green Error's Error Car, the two are doubly unlucky when they realize that instead of their own quivers, they grabbed Green Error's gag arrows instead. In spite of these drawbacks, the two heroes are able to capture the crooks and turn them over to the police. Afterward, they return Green Error his property and thank him for his help.
- The first story in this issue is divided into two chapters:
- Part I: The Cape and Cowl Crooks!
- Part II: Trail of the Copycat Crooks!
- "The Cape and Cowl Crooks!" is the last story written by Edmond Hamilton for DC Comics and it is reprinted in World's Finest #227.
- This issue includes a public service announcement by Jack Schiff titled, "The Policeman is Your Friend".
- This issue includes a "Cap's Hobby Hints" activity page by Henry Boltinoff.
- The character of Police Chief O'Hara makes a behind-the-scenes appearance in this issue. The character is more commonly known by his portrayal on the 1966 Batman television series where he was played by actor Stafford Rep. Chief O'Hara makes his first full appearance in Detective Comics #470.
- Statues of Lex Luthor, Catwoman and Brainiac can be seen in this issue.
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 159 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 159
- World's Finest Recommended Reading