"The Crown of Crime": Superman, Batman and Robin must deal with “King” Wolff, a ganglord who escaped from prison and is dying from radiation exposure. Wolff has three of his underbosses competing for his “throne”
Appearing in "The Crown of Crime"
- King Wolff (Only appearance; dies)
- "Stony" Snyder (Single appearance)
- Mitch Grinnel (Single appearance)
- "Crusher" Kopek (Single appearance)
- Gotham Prison Warden
- Gotham Prison Chaplain
Synopsis for "The Crown of Crime"
Superman, Batman and Robin must deal with “King” Wolff, a ganglord who escaped from prison and is dying from radiation exposure. Wolff has three of his underbosses competing for his “throne” and he commands them to perform extraordinary crimes. Batman and Superman capture one crook each and they impersonate the criminals in order to infiltrate Wolff's gang. They manage to fool the dying criminal, but after his crime plan is completed, Wolff uses the stolen loot to travel to the moon and with his last bit of strength, he creates a giant "W" on the moon's surface that would shine on Earth. Unfortunately, the letter is placed on the dark side of the moon and Wolff dies without achieving his ultimate goal.
Appearing in "Interplanetary Swap Shop!"
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "Interplanetary Swap Shop!"
This story is reprinted from Strange Adventures #53.
- This book was first published on January 26, 1967.
- This issue features Bill Finger's last story with Batman or Superman.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 165 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series