Synopsis for Superman and Batman: "The Return of the Composite Superman!"
An alien foe of Superman and Batman turns Joe Meach once again into the Composite Superman, and sets him against the World's Finest team. The heroes find themselves unable to fight against the multiple powers of the Composite Superman and they decide to split and investigate a way to stop him. Superman investigates at the Superman Museum, where he lears that Joe Meach's source of powers are the statues of the Legion of Super-Heroes and for this reason, he destroys the statues.
Meanwhile, Batman and Robin are captured by the Composite Superman and he uses them as a bait to lure Superman into a trap and capture him as well. With the heroes at his mercy, Composite Superman prepares to destroy them, but his powers start to fade away. At that moment, the alien foe who used Composite Superman appears and reveals his plan of using Meach to weaken the heroes so he can destroy them. When Meach returned to normal, the alien fired a lethal energy blast at the heroes, but a remorseful Meach intercepted the blast, which killed him instantly. Batman and Robin proceed to capture the alien and afterwards, they create a memorial for the villain who sacrificed himself, saved their lives and died a hero.
Appearing in Superman and Batman: "The Return of the Composite Superman!"
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Adult Legion)
- Element Lad (Flashback only)
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Harriet Cooper
- Composite Superman (Dies)
- Xan (First appearance)
- Vyl (Xan's father) (Only appearance; dies)
- Lex Luthor (In a photograph only)
- Joker (In a photograph only)
- Brainiac (In a photograph only)
- Penguin (In a photograph only)
- Riddler (In a photograph only)
Synopsis for Robotman: "The Testing of Robotman!"
This story is reprinted from Detective Comics #176.
Appearing in Robotman: "The Testing of Robotman!"
- John Lockwell (Single appearance)
- Tsin Tao (Single appearance)
- Rene Duplevin (Single appearance)
- Reprinted in Super-Team Family #6.