Appearing in Super Sons: "The Girl Whom Time Forgot"
- Roger Hanson (Single appearance)
- Lance Hanson (Single appearance)
- Mimaya (Single appearance)
- Paul Somerset (Single appearance)
- Officer Forst (Single appearance)
- Captain Diego (Only appearance; dies)
- Linya (Single appearance)
- Jane Somerset (Dies in flashback)
Synopsis for Super Sons: "The Girl Whom Time Forgot"
Batman Jr. and Superman Jr. make amateur mistakes trying to help their fathers out of boredom. For this reason, Batman and Superman arrange for their sons to travel on an expedition with a notorious archaeologist, Professor Roger Hanson, and his son, Lance.
During their adventure, the Super Sons are challenged to solve the mystery of a lost ancient Mayan city (named Mayan-75 by Hanson), which they discover is inhabited only by Mayan king Hunab Ku and his daughter Mimaya; and also discover an old tale of betrayal and revenge between Hanson and his long-presumed-dead friend and fellow archaeologist Paul Somerset, which is solved with their assistance.
Appearing in Aquaman: "The Sorcerer of the Sea!"
- Gangsters (Single appearance)
- Jason Deeter (a faux sorcerer) (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Aquaman: "The Sorcerer of the Sea!"
This story is reprinted from Adventure Comics #245.
Jason Deeter, a man who claims to be a magician, seems to have the power to make Aquaman do whatever he manipulates a tiny Aquaman doll to do. Accordingly, he is kidnapped by a gang of modern pirates whom Aquaman has been trailing, and is made to manipulate Aquaman into pulling off a gem robbery. But the “manipulation” turns out to be a hoax, Jason Deeter is revealed as a policeman, and Aquaman nabs the crooks, who had tipped their location off by kidnapping Deeter.
Appearing in Deadman: "To Call a Deadman"
- Seth Gross
Synopsis for Deadman: "To Call a Deadman"
This story is reprinted from Challengers of the Unknown #74.
Seth Gross, a wicked magician, befriends Vashnu, learns the secret of astral projection, and steals from him a mystic box with the power to trap a soul. He goes into ghost-form and uses the box on the daughter of scientist McJames, forcing him to attempt jewel robberies in return for the soul of the little girl, who will remain in suspended animation for some time. Johnny Double and the Challengers of the Unknown become involved in the case, but it is Deadman who actually fights Gross, inhabits his spirit-form in a particularly painful process, and restores the little girl's soul to her body in time. At that, Deadman exits Gross's ectoplasmic form, with Gross driven insane by the experience and unable to return to his body.
- "The Girl Whom Time Forgot" is divided into three chapters:
- Part 1 – What the Satellite Saw
- Part 2 – The Silent City
- Part 3 – Sins of the Fathers
- Mimaya has a pet jaguar named Linya.
- When Superman Jr. and Batman Jr. save Lance from being sacrificed by Hunab Ku, they tell him they have been backing up the expedition secretly from the start, and that Lance's friends, Clark Jr. and Bruce Jr., are OK and just temporarily lost in the bush.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 230 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series