"Superman and Batman: "The Time of Your Life"": Under the instructions of a mysterious villain, Chronos devises a time-machine that allows the traveler in it to alter time with which he will destroy Batman. Chronos then attacks a charity
- The story of how you came to be the Batman is an underworld legend. A lone gunman murdered your parents... while you watched helplessly--tearfully. How would you like to go back in time... for a fleeting moment... to save your parents from death? Can you save them from destruction... yet at the same time destroy your own reason for being?
- — Chronos
Appearing in Superman and Batman: "The Time of Your Life"
- Chronos (Flashback and main story) (Origin)
- Powerbroker (On a TV or computer screen)
- Joker (In a vision)
- Killer Croc (In a vision)
- Penguin (In a vision)
- Scarecrow (In a vision)
- Two-Face (In a vision)
- Churchill (Mentioned only)
- Joe Chill
- Thomas Edison (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Fox (Flashback only)
- Malvina (Flashback only)
- Martha Wayne (Dies)
- Nazis (Mentioned only)
- Orville Wright
- Thomas Wayne (Dies)
- Wilbur Wright (Voice)
- Gotham City
- Ivy Town
- Enola Gay 82
- Flying Sundial
Synopsis for Superman and Batman: "The Time of Your Life"
Under the instructions of a mysterious villain, Chronos devises a time-machine that allows the traveler in it to alter time with which he will destroy Batman. Chronos then attacks a charity event to get the attention from the Dark Knight, but Batman arrives with Superman. Chronos uses his machine and sends Superman back in time to chase two bombs that could change history and he captures Batman, offering him the chance to rescue his parents from murder or be trapped forever in his cunning device.
While Superman prevents the destruction of the Wright brothers and their flying device, he is also forced to stop the bombs from detroying the Enola Gay plane, which is repsonsible for the first atomic bomb in Hiroshima; a decision that takes a hard toll on Superman, but he can't allow history to be changed.
Meanwhile, Batman agrees to go to the past, to the exact time when his parents were killed. However, in that moment, he doesn't prevent the tragedy and instead, witnesses the event one more time and it only makes his conviction to fight crime stronger. Superman then appears and takes Batman to the present time, where they confront Chronos, who in a desperate escape attempt, goes into his own time machine and becomes one with the Timestream.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 321 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 321