Appearing in Superman and Batman: "The Sons of Batman and Superman!"
- Superman (First appearance)
- Batman (First appearance)
- Super-Sons (First appearance)
- Balloon Bandits
- Nappy Klains, aka The Napoleon of Crime
- Jimmy Olsen (First appearance)
Synopsis for Superman and Batman: "The Sons of Batman and Superman!"
Certain day in the future, Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne get married to their longtime lovers, Lois Lane and Kathy Kane. After the honeymoon, the leadies get pregnant and years later, Kal-El, Jr. and Bruce Wayne, Jr. become friends.
They boys would always play wearing their respective father's costumes. However, when Clark Jr. becomes too careless with his powers, Kathy forbids Bruce, Jr. to see Clark again. Lois adopts a similar attitude and the super-hero team of Batman and Superman decide to start training their sons so they could work together. After an intensive training, Clark Jr. decides to visit Bruce Jr., but Kathy doesn't allow him to see his son. For this reason, Bruce Jr. decides to runaway along with Clark Jr. and both kids head into the forest.
Unkown to everybody, a criminal enemy of Batman and Superman has escaped prison and he wants revenge against the heroes. He manages to locate the young kids and recognizing them as the sons of the friends of Superman and Batman, he decides to kidnap them by luring him into a trap. When the kids finally realize the real intentions of the man, they try to escape, but the thug manages to trap them and starts preparing his revenge against the heroes after learning that they are in fact Superman and Batman's sons.
While the concerned heroes and their wifes start looking all over the place for their sons, the criminal who captured them is disguising himself as Bruce Jr. However, Batman's son manages to break Superman's son from the trap, allowing the kid to break them both free. Batman Jr. disguises himself as the crook and commands his thugs to capture Batman Jr, who was the criminal in disguise. At that moment, Superman Jr, recovered his strength and defeated the rest of the criminals, just as their parents finally find them. Realizing that they could be as famous as their super-dads, the kids decide to form a team together.
Appearing in Green Arrow: "The Green Arrow's Mystery Pupil"
- Crimson Archer (Herb Vraney, as "Hector Vance")
Synopsis for Green Arrow: "The Green Arrow's Mystery Pupil"
This story is reprinted from Adventure Comics #259.
Answering a classified ad in the newspaper, Green Arrow agrees to train a millionaire to be a master archer like him, for one million dollars to his favorite charity. Green Arrow accepts and trains the man, and teaches him all of the ethics that he holds as the Green Arrow.
However the man has less than noble intentions for his new skill and becomes a costumed criminal named the Crimson Archer, using his newly learned archery skills to commit crimes. Challenging Green Arrow to a duel, knowing that the Arrow won't murder someone, he purposely has Green Arrow stand facing the sun, blinding him enough so that the Archer can get in the first shot. However, he misses, and the Green Arrow uses his years of skill to best the crook, whom he then turns over to the police.
- The Sons of Batman and Superman! was originally published as an imaginary story, a story outside of regular continuity. In Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium, it was retconned as having happened on another Earth, ( Earth-154).
- This imaginary story has the sequel "The Abominable Brats!" in World's Finest #157.
- Details of this comic would be used by Mark Gruenwald in Omniverse #1 (1977) to postulate the existence of an "Earth-E."
- Superman's son is called Kal-El Jr. and Batman's Bruce Wayne Jr.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 154 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 154