"Duel of the Super-Duo! / The Super-Combat!": Batman stops some criminals in Gotham City and then he meets with Superman. Both heroes are suddenly taken to another planet for a “super-hero convention” by an alien named Jemphis, but they disc
- Even a super-hero can get sick of the same old grind!
- -- Clark Kent
Appearing in "Duel of the Super-Duo! / The Super-Combat!"
- Jemphis (Single appearance)
- Zardin the Boy Marvel (Single appearance)
- Dr. Chill (Single appearance)
- Aeroman (Single appearance)
- Wind Lass (Single appearance)
- Crime-Mobile (Single appearance)(Destroyed)
Synopsis for "Duel of the Super-Duo! / The Super-Combat!"
Batman stops some criminals in Gotham City and then he meets with Superman. Both heroes are suddenly taken to another planet for a “super-hero convention” by an alien named Jemphis, but they discover too late that their host is a super-villain who intends to turn them against each other hypnotically in gladiatorial combat. Batman falls for Jemphis' trap and becomes one of his mindless minions, but Superman manages to escape from his trap. Unfortunately, Jemphis had prepared a red sun for this eventuality and he managed to overcome a depowered Superman with help from his henchmen.Superman is locked away for one night and he starts preparing for the inevitable confrontation against Batman. He creates all sorts gadgets and when the time comes, he manages to hold his ground against the Caped Crusader. However, Batman's physical training proves to be much more that what Superman can handle and he loses the fight. When Batman is commanded to eliminate Superman, his mind snaps back from the hypnosis and he turns against Jemphis, who in turn tries to use the rest of his minions against the heroes. Batman manages to free the other heroes from Jemphis' grasp and they all chase the criminal down until he falls victims to one of his own traps. With Jemphis incapacitated, Batman and Superman return to Earth after meeting several heroes from other universes.
Appearing in "Fate Holds Four Aces!"
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "Fate Holds Four Aces!"
This story is reprinted from House of Mystery #27.
- This book was first published on October 25, 1966.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 163 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 163