"StormWatch PHD Preview": Jackson King, director of Stormwatch, sits at his desk to develop a list of candidates for his new division of Stormwatch – the Post-Human Division (P.H.D.). As he considers his recruits, King retreads the original days of the Stormwatch organization, when he was a youn
Appearing in "StormWatch PHD Preview"
- Paris (Liam Mendoza) (First appearance)
- The Machinist (Dino Manolis) (First appearance)
- The Monstrosity (Mordecai Shaw) (First appearance)
- Black Betty (Elizabeth Rowan) (First appearance)
- Gorgeous (Wanda Dunst) (First appearance)
- John Doran (First appearance)
- Jeremiah Cain (First appearance)
Synopsis for "StormWatch PHD Preview"
Jackson King, director of Stormwatch, sits at his desk to develop a list of candidates for his new division of Stormwatch – the Post-Human Division (P.H.D.). As he considers his recruits, King retreads the original days of the Stormwatch organization, when he was a younger man that led Stormwatch Prime as Battalion.
But Stormwatch isn't the same organization it used to be. It has lost its United Nations funding, and now answers only to the United States, which runs Stormwatch with a shoe-string budget.
The new Post-Human Division will shirk the super-powered operatives and the expensive equipment used by the old Prime Division. Instead, P.H.D. must rely heavily upon its street-smarts and the behind-the-scenes knowledge of its unusual members.
King will use P.H.D. to develop tactics for use by all Stormwatch divisions to take down the post-human opposition.
King's recruits, who have yet to receive official offers, are as follows:
- Machinist, a washed-up, low-tech villain who lives with his mother,
- Dr. Mordecai Shaw, a former monster known as Monstrosity and an expert on post-human forensics,
- Paris, an elite former soldier from the disbanded Stormforce Division,
- Black Betty, occult expert and assistant to sorcerer Jeremiah Cain,
- Fahrenheit, former Stormwatch Prime member, who has lost her fire-wielding capabilities,
- Gorgeous, a manipulative kept-woman of the post-human underworld, and
- John Doran, a police officer with the tactical instincts to rival any Stormwatch field leader, Doran has been chosen to lead the P.H.D.
Appearing in "Tranquility Preview"
- Liberty Squad
- Henry Hate (First appearance)
- Leona Terrell (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Tranquility Preview"
Inside an old greasy spoon restaurant with a 1950's motif, a group of quirky, old men reminisce about the halcyon days of their youth – which likely also was in the 50's.
Back in the day, our merry group of elderly munchers were once members of the Liberty Squad, a team of heroes that took on all of the zany villains of their time…
…like that time during their vacation in the small town of Peaceful Woods, which was disturbed by the dastardly deeds of Henry Hate, who unleashed upon the town an… Attack of the Animositons!
The Liberty Squad consisted of: Astral Man, the boy scout leader with a propensity for bashful apology, Bad Dog, Max-Man, Colonel Cragg, Judge Fury, and Pink Bunny, the team's femme fatale and flirtatious sexpot, who owns the greasy spoon in which our heroes fraternize.
The Animositons originally were a batch of Gladbot robots given away as a promotion to the townsfolk in Peaceful Woods, and were used to perform household duties.
But one fateful day, Henry Hate turned the Emoto-Dial at his headquarters, and the happy, helpful Gladbots were transformed into the murderous Animositons!
The Animositons wreaked havoc upon the small town of Peaceful Woods. That is, until the Liberty Squad took a break from their down-time (and naked, fun frolicking in the woods) to destroy the robots and restore order in the small town.
Pink Bunny, known to the gang as Suzie, is still as flirtatious as ever. The old dame still wears her scandalous hero outfit and tall, silly bunny ears to work – to the delight of her teammates, whose libidos rage on as if still in the 50's.
But Pink Bunny can't be bothered with too much reminiscing. She's got biscuits to bake in the back.
Appearing in "Pin-Ups"
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "Pin-Ups"
- This issue is the first appearance of Tranquility characters Astral Man, Bad Dog, Colonel Cragg, Judge Fury, Maxi-Man (later rename as Maximum Man), and Pink Bunny.
- This issue is the first appearance of StormWatch PHD characters Black Betty, Jeremiah Cain, John Doran, Gorgeous, The Machinist, The Monstrosity, and Paris.
- No trivia.
- Discuss WorldStorm Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the WorldStorm series
- Images from WorldStorm Vol 1 1