Wu Cheng is a young Chinese pilot and member of the Blackhawk Squadron.
For some time, Wu Cheng served in his civilian clothes as part of the unit such as in undercover missions. However, Wu Cheng grew dissatisfied with his implicitly inferior status and relations with him and the rest of the unit were strained. When his fellows asked what was the matter, Wu Cheng gave a full accounting of his grievance and the Blackhawks realized to their embarrassment what they thoughtlessly had done. To make amends, the Blackhawks bestowed a standard uniform and his own plane with considerable ceremony to Wu Cheng as a full member of their organization.
When the team adopted "secret identities" in the late '60s, Chop-Chop combined his martial arts skills with titanium gloves to become Dr. Hands.
In the '70s, the nick-name Chop-Chop, which some considered offensive, was changed to Chopper. Chopper was the chief test pilot for the Cunningham Aircraft company.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- In Blackhawk #203, Chop-Chop is given an origin as a resistance fighter named White Dragon (real name Liu Huang). This tale was later retconned away when Mark Evanier's reboot gave him the name Wu Cheng.
- 158 Appearances of Wu Cheng (Earth-One)
- 8 Images featuring Wu Cheng (Earth-One)
- 3 Quotations by or about Wu Cheng (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Wu Cheng (Earth-One)