Xax of Xaos was the Green Lantern of Sector 3500.
Native of Xaos, a world where insects are the dominant species, Xax attempted to help the overpopulated people by providing food for everyone. But his willpower wasn't enough to feed the hungry masses, and in turn he provoked the inhabitants to form clans engaging in wars for the spoils of the harvest.
Xax participated in the war against the Weaponers of Qward on Oa, the Anti-Green Lantern Corps, defending his planet from the Spider Guild invasion, among other deeds. He was also present when other Green Lanterns attempted to convince Hal Jordan not to quit the Corps.
Following the (repeated) destruction of the Corps, Xax lost his ring and abandoned his career as Green Lantern. However, John Stewart invited him, along with other former Green Lanterns, to join the ranks of the Darkstars, which he eagerly accepted.
Powers and Abilities
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Xax died during Crisis on Infinite Earths, in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #198. However, his death was seemingly retconned (or ignored) and he appeared in later stories.
- 36 Appearances of Xax (New Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Xax (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Xax (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Xax (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."