One of the Guardians and a Zamaron, the Guardians' female counterparts, channeled their powers into the "Millennium Project." Gathering ten individuals together and teaching them about the nature of the cosmos, they endowed their "Chosen" with immortality and metahuman powers. One of these was a young woman from China named Xiang Po, to whom the Guardians gave the power to draw energy from the Earth's Dragon Lines (mystical energy fields that run throughout the planet). She became Gloss (and a redhead), and joined the other heroes the Guardians had created in the team named (appropriately enough) the New Guardians.
When the then powerless Guy Gardner comes to the team's island home in order to take over, she becomes so disgusted with his crass ways she ends up throwing him far into the ocean. Tom Kalmaku tells her that her actions weren't very 'enlightened'...but they were funny.
Gloss was originally on a mission to pass on her enhanced DNA to her offspring, and was seeking a suitable mate, but she abandoned her quest when the team disbanded.
One Year Later
Gloss joined the Global Guardians, and follows her former teammate Jet who is now team leader. She was seemingly killed by the villain Prometheus in his hunt for the Global Guardians. He decapitated her.
Powers and Abilities
- Dragon Line Absorption: power to draw energy from the Dragon Lines (Ley Lines) of the Earth. These lines of mystic power infuse her with incredible strength and make her incredibly durable.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Elemental Control: She can command the Dragon Lines, manipulating the Earth's energy to create earthquakes and affect local ecosystems as well as control the rocks and minerals found in the earth.
- Healing: Once she used her Dragon Lines-power to clean cocaine alkaloid from Floro's body.
- 50 Appearances of Xiang Po (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Xiang Po (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Xiang Po (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Xiang Po (New Earth)