Xnon was a villain who wore a metallic costume and wielded powerful "black science" against the Spectre. The Ghost Detective was completely overpowered by Xnon's Power Rod. Before Corrigan was defeated, The Voice summoned him and gave him the Ring of Life, an artifact that enabled the Ghostly Guardian to resist the Power Rod, among other feats. The Spectre imprisoned Xnon in the heart of a meteor, never to be seen again.
- Enhanced Vision Xnon could see the Spectre while he was invisible, but it is unknown if it was an innate power or from some device. However it is known that once the Spectre obtained the Ring of Life, against which no man-made mechanism can resist, Xnon was no longer able to see the Spectre. This fact points toward a technological origin for the Enhanced Vision.
- This version of Xnon, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Xnon is pronounced eks-non, per the footnote in the 7th panel on the 5th page of the Spectre story in More Fun Comics #60.
- Xnon's lair was a transparent sphere, suspended in the Fourth Dimension, per the caption in the 1st panel on the 9th page of that story.
- Nothing is known about the background or early life of Xnon, or even his real name. He looked and sounded human, and stole valuable materials from Earth, both facts pointing toward an Earthly origin for the super villain. Assuming that he invented all of his formidable technology himself, his knowledge of science was profound. It seems unlikely that any more will ever be learned about him, given his present situation, being imprisoned in the heart of a meteor.
- 1 Appearances of Xnon (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Xnon (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Xnon (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Xnon (Earth-Two)