"Silent Cathedrals (Part I of VI) - The Rabbit Hole": Two strange and pious investigators named Catholic Girl and Nun of the Above track down a horde of frogs who arrived in this world by way of a teleportational slipstream. After interviewing the frogs at length, they discovered that Doctor Sug
- Infect me with the Nanomachines. It's the only chance I've got.
- -- David Kim
Appearing in "Silent Cathedrals (Part I of VI) - The Rabbit Hole"
- Doctor Sugarman (Behind the scenes)
- The Homunculi
- Brad Lacey (a security guard) (Only appearance; dies)
- Cecilia (a cleaning lady) (Only appearance; dies)
- Gerald Davies (a scientist)
- Linder (a scientist)
- Pembroke (a scientist)
- The Cabinet Beast
Synopsis for "Silent Cathedrals (Part I of VI) - The Rabbit Hole"
Two strange and pious investigators named Catholic Girl and Nun of the Above track down a horde of frogs who arrived in this world by way of a teleportational slipstream. After interviewing the frogs at length, they discovered that Doctor Sugarman has escaped.
Meanwhile at Organitek, biochemist David Kim welcomes his new assistant, Kelly Sanborne, to the company. He introduces her to the rest of the staff and shows her his work with nanotechnology. Kim has been working on a process that uses nanites to repair and regrow damaged cell tissue. He takes samples of his own blood and infects them with the Polio virus as part of an experiment to prove the nanites' efficiency.
In another part of the building, the ghosts of insect colonies take the form of an over-sized homunculi, or, "rustling husks" and begin systematically killing all of the company's staff and security guards. The homonculi eventually make their way to David Kim's lab and attack him. The creatures leave Kim for dead and steal a computer disk. As he lies bleeding, Kim has Kelly Sanborne treat him with his nanite-infected blood samples. The nanites begin restructuring Kim's damaged tissue, but in order for the process to work, the nanites need to assimilate matter from an alternative source. In this case, the source is Kelly Sanborne.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Xombi Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Xombi series
- Milestone Media Recommended Reading
- Blood Syndicate (Volume 1)
- Deathwish (Volume 1)
- Heroes (Volume 1)
- Hardware (Volume 1)
- Icon (Volume 1)
- Kobalt (Volume 1)
- Long Hot Summer (Volume 1)
- Milestone Forever (Volume 1)
- My Name is Holocaust (Volume 1)
- Shadow Cabinet (Volume 1)
- Static (Volume 1)
- Static Shock: Rebirth of the Cool (Volume 1)
- Wise Son: The White Wolf (Volume 1)
- Xombi (Volume 1)
- "Shadow War"
- "Long Hot Summer"
- "Worlds Collide"
Links and References
This comic issue was published by the self-contained Milestone Media imprint of DC Comics, whose primary events took place in the Dakotaverse. This template will automatically categorize this article as an appearance of the Dakotaverse.