Yorick Brown is the last man on Earth after all other men died from a mysterious plague.
A young amateur escape artist, Yorick is often reckless and tries to defuse tense situations with his humor. He is an under-achiever and a slacker, but actually quite bright. The only real reason he survived the plague is due to the fact that he owned Ampersand, a Capuchian monkey who survived the plague. Handling Ampersand's feces and cleaning him up gave Yorick Ampersand's resistance to the plague as well.
Powers and Abilities
- Plague Immunity: Due to handling his pet monkey Ampersand's feces, Yorick developed a resistance to the plague that killed all the other men on the planet.
- Escapology: Yorick is a learned escape artist. When the plague first struck, he was in the midst of a telephone conversation with Beth Deville while suspended upside down in a straight jacket. Yorick was able to free himself by the end of the conversation.
- Prestidigitation: Yorick is skilled at sleight of hand and parlor magic tricks. He used these skills to earn himself a meager income. He was successful enough at this art that he was able to earn enough money to purchase an engagement ring for Beth Deville.
- Yorick's father was a fan of English playright William Shakespeare and named both of his children after Shakespearian characters. Yorick was named for the character referenced in Hamlet, while Hero Brown is named for a female protagonist from Much Ado About Nothing.
- 57 Appearances of Yorick Brown (Y: The Last Man)
- 25 Images featuring Yorick Brown (Y: The Last Man)
- 10 Quotations by or about Yorick Brown (Y: The Last Man)
- Character Gallery: Yorick Brown (Y: The Last Man)