Yorick Brown is the last man on Earth after all other men died from a mysterious plague.
A young amateur escape artist, Yorick is often reckless and tries to defuse tense situations with his humor. He is an under-achiever and a slacker, but actually quite bright. The only real reason he survived the plague is due to the fact that he owned Ampersand, a Capuchian monkey who survived the plague. Handling Ampersand's feces and cleaning him up gave Yorick Ampersand's resistance to the plague as well.
- Escapology: Yorick is a learned escape artist. When the plague first struck, he was in the midst of a telephone conversation with Beth Deville while suspended upside down in a straight jacket. Yorick was able to free himself by the end of the conversation.
- Prestidigitation: Yorick is skilled at sleight of hand and parlor magic tricks. He used these skills to earn himself a meager income. He was successful enough at this art that he was able to earn enough money to purchase an engagement ring for Beth Deville.
- Allergy: Yorick Brown is allergic to shellfish and penicillin.
- Yorick's father was a fan of English playright William Shakespeare and named both of his children after Shakespearian characters. Yorick was named for the character referenced in Hamlet, while Hero Brown is named for a female protagonist from Much Ado About Nothing.
- 57 Appearances of Yorick Brown (Y: The Last Man)
- 25 Images featuring Yorick Brown (Y: The Last Man)
- 10 Quotations by or about Yorick Brown (Y: The Last Man)
- Character Gallery: Yorick Brown (Y: The Last Man)
- Y: The Last Man at DC Comics/Vertigo page
- Y: The Last Man article at the 4th Rail
- Y: The Last Man article at Answers.com
- Y: The Last Man review at Strange Horizons
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."