Zan is a mysterious shape-shifter who admired "the Blur".
The early life and how Zan acquired his abilities are shrouded in mystery. He and his sister were abandoned by their father, the first time their powers manifested themselves. Ending up living on the streets, the two began admiring the mysterious superhero known as "the Blur". His activities inspired Zan and his sister to become crime-fighters themselves, but there were two problems. Not only did they frequently screw up (ruining police undercover operations and taking out all the power in Metropolis), but they gave all credit to the Blur, rather than creating their own superhero personas.
Eventually, their activities caused the Blur to track them down and take them to Watchtower, where they were placed under the supervision of Chloe Sullivan. Soon realizing their mistakes, they assisted the Blur with taking down Ray Sacks. Afterwards, Zan and his sister took the Blur's advice and created their own heroic personas, while training as part of the Watchtower Network. About two years later, Zan and Jayna were among the younger members of the Network, who were sent to San Francisco, to train under Jay Garrick. A splinter group, that eventually became known as the "Titans".
Powers and Abilities
- Hydrokinesis: Zan possesses the ability to alter his biological structure to take on any form of water (solid, liquid, gas).
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and is an adaptation of Jayna. The original character was created by Jeffrey Scott and E. Nelson Bridwell and first appeared in Super Friends #7.
- Zan was played by David Gallagher.
- 6 Appearances of Zan (Smallville)
- 5 Images featuring Zan (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Zan (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Zan (Smallville)
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.