Zenturion was a White Martian and a member of the alien super-team known as the Hyperclan. Zenturion and his seven colleagues came to Earth several years ago, claiming to be the last survivors of a world that had been destroyed by geological upheaval an environmental irresponsibility. Vowing to never allow such catastrophe to even occur again, the Hyperclan allegedly journeyed through space seeking out planets in need of saving. In truth though, this was just a front to turn public opinion against Earth's more prominent super-heroes, specifically, the Justice League of America.
In short order however, the JLA came to realize that the Hyperclan were not benevolent creatures, but the first wave of a full-scale alien armada intent on conquering the planet.
Zenturion and his teammates, Armek and ZüM fought against the Flash and Green Lantern in the Sahara Desert. Zenturion mistakenly believed that Green Lantern's ring was vulnerable to the color yellow like other Green Lanterns, so he began generating yellow weaponry, including a yellow electro-lash and a mecha-armor. He soon discovered to his dismay that this Green Lantern did not suffer from the same caveats as his predecessors and Kyle Rayner was able to destroy Zenturion's yellow weaponry. He then tried to take him out by hurling a metal discus, but the Flash deflected Zenturion's attack, sending the discus back to him. As the battle continued however, Zenturion and Armek were able to defeat Flash and Green Lantern. They brought them back to the Hyperclan citadel, Z'onn Z'orr, where they were placed inside a torture device known as the Flower of Wrath.
By this point, Batman had learned of the Hyperclan's Martian origins and knew that they could be defeated with fire. Batman baited them into close quarters soaked with gasoline and set it afire. The flash wave of heat quickly weakened Zenturion and he was rendered unconscious.
When the rest of the Hyperclan were defeated, the Martian Manhunter used his powers to wipe their minds and memories, forcing them to assume human forms. Providing them with new identities, he then sent them out to live as productive members of the human race.
- Martian Physiology
- Extrasensory Input
- Martian Vision
- Malleable Form
- Decelerated Aging
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Strength
- Martian Physiology
Zenturion appeared as if he carried a shield, but this was likely just an extension of his own biology.
- 8 Appearances of Zenturion (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Zenturion (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Zenturion (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Zenturion (New Earth)
- ↑ JLA #1
- ↑ JLA #3
- ↑ JLA #4
- ↑ The powers and weaknesses listed are based on the common abilities of Martians first demonstrated by J'onn J'onzz. The refrences listed are based on J'onzz as depected in the Earth-One and New Earth continuities.
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 5.14 5.15 5.16 5.17 5.18 5.19 Detective Comics #225
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Who's Who: Update '88 #2
- ↑ Martian Manhunter #4
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Detective Comics #226
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #8
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 JLA #89
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #14
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Who's Who in the DC Universe #5
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |