Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Reanimating the Old Gods his son murdered, Yuga Khan decided to eliminate the New Gods so the Old Gods could never die, but his children joined against him and was ultimately slain by the resentful, power-hungry Uxas while he was about to kill Izaya, his first-born son and Uxas' older brother.
His soul departed to The Source, where he furiously remained entombed until his executioner perished at the hand of the Anti-God, disrupting the bond between Earth's mightiest mortal and his Godly powers. Desperate, The Wizard summoned New Gods to replace the old ones, inadvertently releasing Yuga Khan from his divine prison.
He sought the Lightning Rod from the old Wizard in order to channel Shazam's power into his own and ravage all creation, but was faced and ultimately stopped by the real God of Gods, thwarting his schemes and once again being imprisoned for an eternity, this time under The Wizard's whim to forever serve as nothing more than a power source for the champion of magic.
Powers and Abilities
- Old God Physiology: Zonuz is the most powerful of all the Old Gods being able to command their allegiance either in life and in death, he could also suppress the New God powers bestowed upon his sons Uxas and Izaya.
- Torment Sanction: The unique god power of Yuga Khan as the primordial being of all evil and suffering, with it Zonuz could achieve a host of cosmic effects primarily focusing on the suffering of others and creation itself.
- Source Manipulation
- Power Distribution: When imprisoned by The Wizard, his power unwillingly drains into the mortal vessel that is Shazam.
- Power Absorption: Can steal or dampen the powers of others around him be they gods or otherwise.
- Size Alteration: Can freely alter his physical stature at will.
- Molecular Reconstruction: Conjured up a sword of material energy from nothing.
- Telepathy: Able to project visions into the minds of others.
- Divine Empowerment: With the Rod of The Wizard, Yuga Khan could channel the power of four different deities to bolster himself.
- Anti-Life: Yuga Khan claims to have the "Anti-Life", a force that allows him to bring the Old Gods back to life. Even a fragment of his essence keeps the Anti-Life, allowing even him to be brought back through a host.
- Shield: It is unknown if the shield has any supernatural or superhuman properties, but Yuga Khan used a gray shield alongside his sword when in combat with his sons.
- Sword: It is unknown if the sword has any supernatural or superhuman properties, but Yuga Khan used a broadsword alongside his shield when in combat with his sons.
- Yuga Khan was created by Mark Evanier and Paris Cullins, first appearing in New Gods (Volume 3) #17. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Yuga Khan first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Infinity Man and the Forever People #5 by Keith Giffen, Dan DiDio, and Tom Grummett.
- 7 Appearances of Zonuz (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Zonuz (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Zonuz (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Zonuz (Prime Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Captain Marvel, the Wizard Shazam, or any of the extended members of the Marvel Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family Villains."
|Marvel Family member |
This character is or was a member of the Marvel Family in any of its various incarnations, and an ally of Captain Marvel and the Wizard Shazam. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family members."