Der Zyklon (German, the Cyclone) was a masked super-villain who served the Axis powers during World War II.
German scientists succeeded in gifting one of their subjects with the ability to run at super-speed. In May of 1942, Der Zyklon was partnered with Baron Blitzkrieg and was sent to the United States to steal the Liberty Bell from Independence Hall in Philadelphia. During this affair, Der Zyklon matched his speed against the All-Star Squadron member known as Johnny Quick. Although Zyklon appeared to be faster than Johnny, he did not possess the heroe's hyper-reflexes, and had yet to refine his technique enough to enable him to glide through the air. Regardless, he succeeded in defeating Johnny as well as his lover/teammate, Liberty Belle. Baron Blitzkrieg and he succeeded in stealing the Liberty Bell and used it as a component to restore Blitzkrieg's eyesight. Their secondary plane however, to use it as an instrument of destruction, met with failure as they each had to tackle the Flash, Liberty Belle and Hawkgirl.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Zyklon was first seen years before his first appearance proper, when the Earth-Two Flash took his identity to help Wonder Woman in Wonder Woman #240.
- 3 Appearances of Zyklon (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Zyklon (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Zyklon (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Zyklon (New Earth)
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.